Monday, April 08, 2013

Yum Yum Art! Chocolate in pocket = sweet escape.




Last year I was invited by the wonderful folk at GAS to participate in a project called Yum Yum Art.
I think most of you know that Valentine's day is one of my favourite celebrations.
In 2012, a collaboration between Mitsukoshi Isetan and 6 Female artists was launched. Artists included the very talented Beci Orpin and Emily Forgot. But for Valentine`s 
day 2013, they wanted to feature just one lucky artist, and they invited me!!




















I was asked to design a range of sweets (and accompanying packaging) for Valentine's day to be sold through the Isetan department store chain across Japan. yep - you read right. Edible art!!! 


I absolutely loved working on this project and look forward to future collaborations with GAS. A big big Arigatō!' to the very lovely Fumiko Kagaku for all her help, and indeed to all the Gas As Interface team.















So now that I have safely photographed the merchandise, guess what's next?

Thank you to Fumiko Kagaku for the photos of my sweets in situ, selling to art and chocolate lovers alike. x!




No comments:

Post a Comment